Grubb Lake trail, near Ironville Pike, is closed due to unsafe conditions caused by Mother Nature. We are not sure how long it will remain closed and there is no safe way to get around the closed portion.
Location: The park is located along Hempfield Hill Road, 1/2 mile south of Marietta Avenue.
Description: The park is the site of a former iron ore mine. The ore pit has filled with water, creating Lake Grubb. The park is approximately 54 acres in size. The site is heavily wooded, with a hiking trail encircling the lake. Several fishing areas have been developed. Boating, swimming, and pets are not allowed.
Park Hours: Dawn to dusk, with patrols by local police.
- 2 pavilions with seating for up to 100 people each
- picnic tables/grills
- comfort station with flush toilets
- electrical outlets at the pavilion
- swings, playground activity area
- 1 mile hiking trail
- 1/4 mile ADA accessible trail
- fishing areas